has provided a range of courses designed for professionals in both the
private and public sectors. We can also draw upon the experience of
Indigenous and other professionals associated in the design and delivery
of our courses.
offer challenging and innovative courses and workshops in such areas
- principles of
contemporary Indigenous social and political organisation
- working effectively
with Aboriginal people and their organisations
- native title
and land rights
- the design and
management of organisations operating in a cross-cultural environment.
conducted highly successful courses for diverse clients such as the
Attorney General's Department in South Australia, Oxfam / Community
Aid Abroad, and Comalco. Courses have included:
- Developing sustainable agreements with Aboriginal people:
Full day workshop conducted with staff of Western Australian government
agences, Perth, September, 2008.
- Challenges to anthropological practice: non-Native Title
outcomes and post-determination issues: Full day workshops
(presented with Wendy Asche) to native title professionals under the
auspices of the University of Queensland, Brisbane, March 2008 and
Alice Springs May 2008.
- Indigenous alcohol policy:A conceptual toolbox:
Workshop conducted with Dr Maggie Brady for staff of the Indigenous
Law and Justice Branch, Attorney General's Department, Canberra, November,
- Building the capacity of Indigenous governance.
Workshop presentation to IQPC conference Measuring and evaluating
Indigenous service delivery, Alice SpringsJuly 25–26,
- Native Title within the context of traditional laws
and customs: Workshop presentation to the Negotiating
Native Title Forum, Melbourne, February 26–27, 2007
- Working in the 'recognition space' of native title:
Workshop presented to staff of the Native Title Unit, Attorney General's
Department, Canberra, May 2006.
- Understanding and engaging with Aurukun:
Workshop presented to Comalco staff and senior management, Weipa,
- There can be no Wik for the rested: Engaging with Aurukun:
Workshop presented to Comalco staff and management, Weipa, September
- Working with Aboriginal people and their organisations:
A one-day workshop for Oxfam / Community Aid Abroad staff, Melbourne,
- Working and researching with Aboriginal people:
A course for staff of the Office of Crime Statistics and Research,
Adelaide, April, 2004.
- Applying the Native Title Act registration test: Anthropological
perspectives. A workshop with the NNTT Sydney Registry,
- Working with Aboriginal People: A course
for staff of the SA Crown Solicitor’s Office, April 2003.
- Native Title – Achieving outcomes: A course for
professionals. A course taught with Dr Julie Finlayson
and Dr Nicolas Peterson at Adelaide University, February 2003.
- Summer School on Native Title: A course
taught with Dr Julie Finlayson at Adelaide University, February 2001.